How to apply for a passport?
Belgians registered at the Embassy of Belgium in Islamabad or at another Belgian diplomatic or consular post abroad can apply for an ordinary passport. Belgians who are still registered at a Belgian commune or who are registered nowhere can only apply for a temporary passport.
The Belgian passport is biometric. The applicant has to come in person to the Embassy to get his data collected (fingerprints, live photo and signature), except children under 6 years. For children under 6 years we accept the form, two photos (45 mm on 35 mm, in colour on a white, even background) and the money by post.
- passport application form (in French - in Dutch) dully filled out and signed (for the children signed by BOTH parents). There is a special form (in French - in Dutch) for children under 6 years.
- 75 euros for a passport for adults (exact amount in euros cash only)
- 35 euros for a passport for minors, under 18 years (exact amount in euros cash only)
- one recent passport size photograph in colour with white, even background
- original previous passports for cancellation
- proof of registration at the embassy of Belgium or at another Belgian diplomatic or consular post.