Belgians who are not registered at the Embassy of Belgium in Islamabad or at another Belgian diplomatic or consular post abroad can only apply for a temporary passport. There are two types of temporary passport:
- with a validity of one month (10 euros)
- with a validity of one year (50 euros)
- application form (in French - in Dutch) duly filled out and signed (for the children signed by BOTH parents).
- the exact amount in cash only: 10 euros for a temporary passport with a validity of one month or 50 euros for a temporary passport with a validity of one year
- two recent passport size photographs (45 mm on 35 mm) in colour with white background
- photocopy of previous Belgian passport or identity card or other proof of Belgian nationality
- for children: proof of descent of a Belgian parent
Belgians whose passport has been lost or stolen are invited to come to the Embassy for an interview, with the following documents :
- special form for the declaration of loss/theft: in French - in Dutch
- original Police Declaration made for the loss/theft of the lost documents along with its exact/complete translation
- photocopies of the lost/stolen documents
- other original identity documents of the applicants (Pakistani or Afghan/Belgian)
- proof of last entry in Pakistan or Afghanistan: copies of the tickets and boarding passes on which the applicants lastly arrived in Pakistan
- explanation letter dully signed by all the adult applicants for the loss of the documents.