Home Legalization of documents
Legalization of documents
On October 19, 2020 a new digital legalization procedure has been initiated under the name of LegalWeb. Concretely, a sticker is no longer affixed to the legalized document but a bar code and a legalization number (or file number in case of multiple legalizations) is communicated on an apart sheet. In order to check the status of your legalization/file, you can consult the following website http://legalweb.diplomatie.be/ and enter your reference number as well as the date.
Pakistan : Legalization of documents as part of visa applications: All documents as part of a visa application file for long stay have to be legalized first. The visa applicant sends the documents to the Embassy of Belgium in Islamabad via the Visa Application Center (VAC) of Gerry’s International to be legalized. Once the documents have been legalized, they will be sent back via the VAC to the visa applicant, who submits a complete visa file with the application form and all the supporting documents.
Afghanistan : We do not currently legalize any Afghan documents : Documents submitted as part of a visa application will be accepted in the state in which they are presented to us.
Documents for legalization can only be submitted in or via 3 centres of Gerry’s International: Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore (see Addresses of Gerry’s International – Visa Drop Box).
How to proceed if you want to get Pakistani documents legalized by the Belgian Embassy:
A. Pakistani documents for legalization
- Be presented in original version.
- Be original Pakistani documents attested by Pakistani Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- No ordinary photocopies will be accepted for legalization, only CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES by the national authorities.
- Your signature on a document can be legalized. Be aware that you will have to come in person to the Embassy for legalization of your personal signature. Bring your ID card and/or passport and take an appointment.
- Diplomas or degrees are to be attested by Ministry of Education, more specifically the HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION and subsequently by the Pakistani Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
B. Mode of submission of the documents to be legalized
Documents to be legalized cannot be sent directly to the Embassy. They will not be handled. The following procedure must be strictly followed without any exception.
1. Submission from Pakistan through 'Gerry’s International - Visa Drop Box' (NEVER by ordinary mail). A list with the addresses of Gerry's/Fedex dropbox facilities is provided here. Payment of the fees must be done at Gerry's/Fedex itself.
2. Submission via representative who should be provided with an authorization letter and a good quality copy of your passport or identity card in order to be presented to the Gerry's/Fedex office. Payment of the fees must be done at Gerry's/Fedex itself.
3. Submission from abroad (Iran, Belgium or any other country)
In order to help people living in Iran, Belgium or any other country, who don’t know anybody who can submit documents on their behalf in Pakistan or who can’t come to Pakistan, a special arrangement with Gerry’s International Pakistan has been settled in this regard.
The applicant should contact Fedex / Gerry’s International at following e-mail address email@example.com or can also call at +92-51-2285843, to know complete charges of legalization (Gerry’s & Embassy charges).
Then, in return e-mail, Fedex / Gerry’s International will inform the applicant about their complete charges which the applicant will transfer to the below mentioned bank account. These charges will include:
- Legalization charges for the Embassy
- Fedex / Gerry’s International service charges
- Courier charges per applicant for returning of documents
Once the exact amount (as told by Fedex / Gerry’s International) has been transferred, then the applicant will send the payment proof to Fedex / Gerry’s International and will send documents to be legalized by the Embassy at the following address:
Gerry's building, Adjacent to Punjab Cash & Carry, Chathabakhtawar, Chakshahzad, Park Rd
Gerry’s Call center Numbers:
Call Center number: 0900-07860
For mobile callers: 9999
3.2. Documents to be sent
All documents have to be sent in original, must be correctly attested by the Pakistani Ministries of Foreign Affairs.
Embassy fee for Legalization: 20 € per original document & 20 € for each separate certified true copy & 20 € for translation. No translation gets legalized without a valid original document.
Do not forget to send to FedEx the payment proof with the documents to be legalized.
3.4. Mode of payment
Bank Account details are as under:
Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan) Limited
Bank Address: Main Branch, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi - Pakistan
Account Name: Gerry’s International Express (Pvt.) Ltd.
Account Number: 01-4977629-01
Currency: PKR (Pak Rupees)
Swift Code: SCBLPKKX
IBAN: PK91 SCBL 0000 0014 9776 2901
It is pertinent to mention here that the applicants must take accurate bank account details as given above to ensure that they do not face any delays or problems. Forwarding of payment proof via email is must after which the applicant’s case will be accepted and entered in the computer system for onwards forwarding to Belgium Embassy.
C. Translation of the documents
1. AFGHANISTAN: Original documents from Afghanistan are translated into English.
2. PAKISTAN: All documents duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan have to be accompanied by a certified translation. Original documents from Pakistan should be translated in one of the national languages of Belgium: French and Dutch.
- Translation into French is possible in Pakistan and must be done by one of the 3 “Alliances Françaises” settled in Pakistan (Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore) (see addresses below). The original Pakistani document and its translation into French, both legalized by the Embassy, will be directly accepted by a Belgian French speaking administration.
- For the moment, no recognized institution in Pakistan offers the service for translation into Dutch. Therefore, documents to be used in a Belgian Dutch speaking administration might need to be translated a second time into Dutch once in Belgium.
- Alliance Française de Lahore
155, Scotch Corner, street 3, Upper Mall, Lahore
Tel: 042-3587 43 01 > 3 ; Mobile: +92.301.1014889
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Alliance Française de Karachi
Plot St1, Block 8, Scheme 5, Clifton Karachi
Tel: 021-3587 34 02
Fax: 021-3587 43 02
- Alliance Française d’Islamabad
House 9, Street 49, F6/4
Tel: 051-282 52 18 > 9
D. Consular fees
The original document legalized by the competent authorities will be legalized by the Embassy. The translation certified by Alliance Française will also be legalized. The consular fees for legalizations have to be paid only to Fedex. Refer yourself to the CONSULAR FEE section in order to find out how much the current consular fee for legalization is.