Long term visa
- General information
- Family reunification visa
- Student visa
- Visa on the basis of a Work Permit
- Visa on the basis of a Professional card
- Visa for researchers with a Hosting Agreement
New contribution for visa LONG stay - D
Since the 2nd of March 2015, a contribution is required for the processing of certain long stay (D) visa applications.
This contribution can be paid by either the applicant or a third person (family members, acquaintance, sponsor, guarantor, etc.). This contribution should be paid into the account of the Immigration Office in Belgium.
The proof of payment of this contribution needs to be presented at the time of the introduction of the visa application. Should the applicant be unable to provide a proof of payment, the visa application will be deemed inadmissible.
This contribution is to be paid on top of the handling fee of the long stay visa (handling fee = the equivalent of €180 in local currency). The handling fee will still need to be paid at the time of the application. An exemption for the handling fee, does not necessarily imply that one is also exempt for the contribution.
We therefore recommend you to carefully consult the website of the Immigration Officewith regards to the amount of the contribution and the manner in which this is to be paid.
- Any bank charges or charges related to the transfer will need to be borne by the applicant or whomever performs the transfer.
- In the event that you have not paid the full amount, you will have an additional 30 days to transfer the additional amount. If you do not provide the proof that the full amount was paid within this period, the amount already paid will not be reimbursed and the application will be inadmissible.
- The contribution will likewise not be reimbursed in the event of a refusal of the visa.