Visas on the basis of a Professional Card
Foreigners wishing to become established in Belgium on a self-employed basis must be in possession of a professional card, authorizing the exercise of a self-employed activity, issued by one of the three Regions. After obtaining a professional card, a visa application can be submitted.
An administrative fee has to be paid in Belgium before submitting your visa application. Please consult the website of the Immigration Office for an overview of the administrative fee.
Procedure regarding fingerprints:
Fingerprints will be collected for all visa applications (short stay - type C - and long stay - type D). This concerns all applicants from the age of 12 (C visa) or 6 (D visa). Applicants will have to come in person to the Visa Application Center of Gerry’s International to get the fingerprints of 10 fingers collected.
Exceptions are foreseen for the following applicants:
- Persons for whom the collection of fingerprints is physically impossible (e.g. because of a physical impairment).
The applicant should obtain a professional card before applying for a Type D visa. The form to apply for a professional card has to be downloaded from the site of one of the three Regions. Further information about this matter may be obtained from the Region where the economic activity will take place:
The Embassy will send the application for the Professional card and the supporting documents to the administration of the competent Region in Belgium. After examination of the file, the regional administration will decide whether to issue the Professional card or not. When the applicant receives a Professional card, he/she can submit a visa long stay type D.
Authorisation to stay for more than 3 months in Belgium = visa D
The supporting documents to be provided with the visa application
- Proof op payment of the administrative fee in Belgium.
- Two standard visa forms, per applicant, dated and signed.
- Two recent passport photos in colour.
- A photocopy of the used pages of the passport. The validity of the passport must be at least a year after the visa expires.
- A photocopy of the national identity card.
- A valid professional card. The professional card must be obtained before the visa application is submitted.
- If this document has not been produced with the application for a professional card, a medical certificate, from a doctor accredited by the Embassy, attesting that applicant is not suffering from any disease putting public health at risk. The medical certificate will be handed over by the doctor to the visa applicant in a sealed envelope, and should be submitted along with the other supporting documents at the Visa Application Centre.
- Police character certificate (for applicants older than 18 years). If the certificate is written into English, no translation needed. The certificate must be legalized by the Embassy of Belgium in Islamabad.
A visa fee of 180 euro has to be paid.
A. All fees (legalization, etc.) have to be paid to 'Gerry’s International', except the administrative fee (if required) that has to be paid in Belgium. In case of rejection of the visa, fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
B. Visa application files have to be introduced through 'Gerry’s International - Visa Drop Box' facilities.
C. ALL FEES (HANDLING FEES OR CONSULAR FEES), EXCEPT THE ADMINISTRATIVE FEE IN BELGIUM, ARE TO BE PAID TO 'GERRY'S INTERNATIONAL'. NOBODY (STAFF / LAWYERS / PRIVATE CONSULTANTS OR TRAVEL AGENCIES) IS ENTITLED TO CHARGE ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY DIRECTLY TO THE CLIENT OUTSIDE OF GERRY'S INTERNATIONAL OR OUTSIDE OF THE EMBASSY.