Embassy of Belgium in Pakistan

Visas on the basis of a Work Permit

Third-country nationals wishing to work in Belgium for more than 90 days should apply to the competent region, through their employer, for a single application for a work permit and a request for a residence permit. The Embassy of Belgium has no role in this process.

An administrative fee has to be paid in Belgium before submitting your visa application (general information available here). An overview of the administrative fees is available here.

You can find more information about the work permit for the different regions of Belgium via the links below:

If the work permit and residence permit are granted respectively by the Region and the Immigration Office, the third-country national will receive a single document stating that he/she is authorized to stay for more than 90 days in Belgium for to work there.

The "single application / single permit" procedure does not apply to:

  • third-country nationals traveling to Belgium to work less than 90 days;
  • third-country nationals who go to Belgium for purposes other than work;
  • au pairs;
  • researchers with a hosting agreement;
  • highly qualified workers (European Blue Card);
  • workers who are subject to an intra-corporate transfer (Directive 2014/66/EU of 15/05/2014).

The visa application will only be submitted at the end of the process, when the single permit has been granted. The applicant should submit a visa application type D with his/her passport and the single permit at the centre of Gerry’s International/Fedex, where fingerprints will be collected.