Schengen Visa for Medical Treatment in Belgium
LIST OF DOCUMENTS NECESSARY TO OBTAIN A VISA FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT for a maximum stay of 90 days per semester (Type C)
1) A valid international passport (the validity of the passport has to exceed the end of the proposed trip by at least three months);
2) 1 visa application form + 1 recent passport photograph;
3) An original invitation letter from a medical institution or a doctor established in Belgium, mentioning the duration and the cost of the treatment;
4) Proof of employment and a proof of leave;
5) Ticket reservation
DO NOT PURCHASE TICKET UNLESS YOU FULFIL ALL OTHER VISA REQUIREMENTS. THE EMBASSY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR PENALTIES INCURRED.
6) Proof of sufficient financial means during the stay:
Credit card + bank statement for the previous 6 months
A formal obligation (annex 3bis) of financial support signed by someone who meets the requirement stated by annex 3BIS, 15.12.80, along with an ordinary copy of the person’s ID and proof of sufficient solvency (pay slips).
7) Reliable proof that the medical treatment is paid for (statement from the medical institute in Belgium) or will be paid for (guarantee letter from insurance, guarantee letter from bank, sum of money on a blocked bank account, …).
8) A medical certificate issued by one of the Embassy’s approved physicians declaring the sought for medical treatment cannot be given in the country of origin.
9) Health insurance.
Additional documents may, where appropriate, be required. Presentation of a complete file does not necessarily mean that a visa will be issued.
Visa application files have to be introduced through FedEx Visa Drop Box facilities.
* Attention ! Guarantees for return (assessment of migration risk): the applicant is requested to provide as much information as possible to document his/her family background, professional and socio-economic status, ownership of land or real estate (for instance : proof of family bonds with his/her country of origin, proof of regular income and stable source of revenues from the applicant and/or his/her partner, proof of property, etc.)
This information is essential to correctly judge the intention of the applicant to leave the Schengen area before the expiry of his/her visa.
* All fees (handling fees or consular fees) are to be paid to Gerry's international. Nobody (staff, lawyers, private consultants or travel agencies) is entitled to charge any amount of money directly to the client outside of Gerry's international offices or outside of the Embassy.